AFAA Camp Planning
Are you interested in AFAA Camp?
Did you know that AFAA established the very first food allergy camp in the United States?
Needed: Physicians, Nurses, Medical Professionals.
We want to guarantee 24 hour on-site medical coverage.
Needed: Parents and Adults to volunteer for load-in/set-up or to lead activities or to pack-up/load out.
Needed: Adults to serve as Cabin Monitors (background check required).
Needed: Food Service Professionals or those with Certified Food Manager training.
Needed: teenagers age 14 and older to be Teen Assistants (to assist with the activities and to assist the Cabin Monitors). Teen Assistants enjoy special activities exclusively for their age group, and also get a registration discount.
A camp for those with food allergies!
Options: Overnight Camping * Day Camping * Kids With Peers * Family Camping * Teen Assistant Program
In the past, AFAA Camp has been held at Voyageur Environmental Center - Mound, Minnesota
Summer camping is something every child should experience. Now there is a camp that accommodates food allergic children and their families -
- Camping experience for food allergic kids
- Kid camping and family camping available
- Meals will accommodate each food allergic camper
- Overnight or day camping available
- Program organized & supervised by parents of food allergic campers
- Dialogue with other parents while campers enjoy camp activities
- AFAA Camp is at the Voyageur Environmental Center in Mound, Minnesota; just west of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, close to the western edge of Lake Minnetonka.
- AFAA Camp is close to Twin Cities' medical facilities (11 miles).
- Staff will be trained to respond to anaphylactic emergencies & manage allergen exposure.